New and Returning Students
All new and returning K-12 students register at their neighborhood school. You can find your neighborhood school on the School Locator web page.
- Kindergarten students must be five and first-grade students must be six on or before Oct. 1. (Superintendent's Policy JEB). Learn more about kindergarten registration >>
- Returning students are students who left PSD and are returning back to a PSD school. Current PSD students do not need to re-register every year to go back to the same school.
Students wishing to attend a school outside their attendance area must submit a School Choice application.
Online registration is available for K-12 students registering at their neighborhood school for the 2023-24 school year beginning November 28. It is also available for families enrolling a new student in a PSD school for the remainder of this school year now. For questions regarding Online Registration, please contact the Werner office (488-5550).
Online registration for the 2023-24 school year will be available beginning November 28, 2022.
Please have electronic copies of these required documents to upload at the end of the online registration process:
- Birth certificate (passport, baptismal certificate, military ID, etc.)
- Proof of address (a copy of a lease agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc., that shows that the parent/guardian lives at an address within school boundaries)
- Immunization record or an immunization exemption form
- Custody documents (if applicable)
2023-24 Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten registration opens up online on November 28, 2022! In person registration is available on Wednesday, December 7 from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM. We will host a Kindergarten Information Night for parents and students sometime later in the Spring. If you are interested in learning more about Werner, check out our Kindergarten Registration site with a presentation of our Kindergarten Info Meeting, and FAQ's directions for next steps. You can also call our office (970-488-5550) to schedule a tour if you would like to see more.
For information about registering your child in Poudre School District, please go to the following links:
Required Registration Paperwork for New Werner Students in Kindergarten - 5th Grade:
- Werner Student Information for Grade 1-5
- Werner Request for Records for Grades 1-5
- Is My Child Ready for Kindergarten?
School of Choice Application
School Choice Acceptance, Eligibility and Transportation - Click Here for complete information on the PSD Choice Process
PSD’s K-12 school choice program allows families to select the school they feel best meets their child’s educational needs. Acceptance is subject to space availability and eligibility requirements. Submitting a school choice application does not guarantee enrollment at any school applied for.
- Centennial High School and Poudre Community Academy are alternative schools that use a separate application process; therefore, the school choice application process is not applicable for these schools. Contact those schools directly for more information.
- Charter Schools operate independently from PSD and have their own school choice process. Please contact the charter schools directly about school choice.
- Round-trip transportation is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian for School Choice students. For more information: District Policy JFBA Choice/Open /Enrollment | PSD Transportation website.
Kindergarten and School Choice
Parents/legal guardians must register students entering kindergarten at their designated neighborhood school, even if an application is pending for choice/open enrollment. Please refer to District Policy JEB for age requirements for kindergarten in PSD.
- Registering at the designated neighborhood school does not impact a pending school choice application or potential seat offers from a choice school or program.
- The online registration process for the 2023-24 school year will be available for parents/legal guardians beginning Monday, Nov. 28, to register their incoming kindergartner.
- Seat offers for the first round of School of Choice will begin by January 11.