Summer is coming to an end, and it is time to start thinking about getting your kindergartener ready for school! I hope you are as excited as we are about this new adventure!
All kindergarteners this year will take part in a staggered start. Staggered Start means that only half of the students will attend on Wednesday, August 17 and the other half will come on Thursday, August 18, and everyone will come on Friday, August 19. The goal of beginning kindergarten with a staggered start is to make the home-to-school transition as smooth as possible. We believe that with just a few students at a time, we will be able to attend to each child’s individual needs and concerns on that first day. This gives them and us the opportunity to get to know each other in a smaller group setting.
The following are some important events to put on your calendar:
- August 2,3,4,8, and 10th: We will be doing assessments on these days. Please make sure you sign up on the Sign-Up Genius that we have created. Students will only come in one time for an assessment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B44AAA928A7F49-werner
- Monday, August 15: Class lists will be posted by 3:00 on the Werner Website.
- Tuesday, August 16: Welcome to School Celebration! Kindergarteners and parents will come at their assigned time and explore the room together, meet new friends, and hear a story (about 45 minutes). Please bring your supplies to school this day. Students whose last names begin with A-L will come from 9:00-9:45 and students whose last names begin with M-Z will come from 10:15-11:00.
- Wednesday, August 17: Only kindergarteners whose last names begin with A-L will come to school. The school day is from 8:45-3:28.
- Thursday, August 18: Only kindergarteners whose last names begin with M-Z will come to school. See above for times.
- Friday, August 19: Everyone comes to school!
There will be a Parent Orientation in September. At this meeting we will be discussing curriculum, expectations, routines, schedules, etc. We look forward to meeting and working with all of you!
The Werner Kindergarten Team