Werner Volunteer Opportunities 2022-23
Please visit this Volunteer Sign Up Genius page for links to sign up to help classrooms and our PTA. This page will be updated throughout the year with needs.
Thank you for contributing your time and talent to PSD students and staff!
Use the links below to login or register, see opportunities in PSD, and complete the volunteer symptom screening. If registering, please allow one to five days for processing.
For more information about volunteering in PSD, go to Visitors and Volunteers.
COVID protocols in PSD
Self-monitoring for symptoms is required before entering a building. Learn about COVID protocols in PSD on the Health and Safety web page.
Reporting if you are exposed to or have COVID
If you volunteer and experience one of the following, please report it to the school as quickly as possible so the COVID Response Team can follow District protocols for cases:
- You are identified as a close contact of an individual who tested positive or probable for COVID-19, or
- You test positive for or are considered probable for COVID-19 yourself.
- Go to the PSD Protocols for COVID-19 web page for information about returning to school.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are volunteers allowed in schools at this time? It is up to each school's principal and admin team to determine if and how volunteers will be used. Opportunities may be limited.
- Who can register to volunteer? Any individuals over the age of 18, as well as PSD students and staff.
- What happens when I register to volunteer? The account you create with EZ Volunteer is linked with your background check, which initiates at the time of your registration and can take up to a week to complete. If your background check clears, you will receive an automated notification and may proceed to volunteer.
- Do I have to sign an agreement? Yes, the Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement or the Acuerdo de Confidencialidad del Voluntario.
- Do I need to register if I only volunteer for one day or one event? Yes. This requirement applies to all volunteer service, whether it is only for a single occasion or will occur on a sporadic or regular basis, and regardless of the program, event or activity involved. Review the PSD Volunteer Policy KJ here.
- Am I required to register each new school year? No. Please keep your volunteer account updated with school preferences and contact information. PSD's policy is to re-run background checks every three years on active volunteers.